As an emerging technology company, we are always interested in receiving applications from interested Oil and Gas experts. If you are interested in joining our team, please complete the form to the right and a member of our staff will follow up with you.
As a member of Fracture ID’s data processing team, you will be responsible for processing and analyzing drilling vibration measurements to advance the application and science of drillbit geomechanics.
This position is well suited for a bright, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who can work under limited supervision and has experience manipulating large data sets. The Data Processor is ideally a recent graduate or someone with 1-5 years of experience in industry.
- Conducts processing and analysis of drilling vibration measurements in relation to mechanical rock properties, petrophysical measurements and drilling operations.
- Integrates auxiliary data such as open-hole well logs, directional surveys, geosteering analyses, mud logs, etc. to assist in results interpretation and trend identification.
- Identifies anomalies in both raw and processed data and conducts QA/QC to remedy and/or explain such.
- Archives data and results consistent with established protocol.
- Devises and implements their own ideas for improving data processing workflows.
- Participates in the discovery and development of an industry-leading technology.
- Effectively communicates results to internal product development teams.
- BS degree or technical diploma in geosciences, engineering, computer sciences or related programs.
- Graduate degree in geosciences, engineering, computer sciences or related programs.
- Previous experience (1-5 years) in a scientific data analysis role.
- Familiarity with geological, geophysical, petrophysical and/or drilling data a major plus.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry a major plus.
- Experience with data visualization/analytics software: Spotfire, Tableau, etc.