As an emerging technology company, we are always interested in receiving applications from interested Oil and Gas experts. If you are interested in joining our team, please complete the form to the right and a member of our staff will follow up with you.
As a manager of Fracture ID’s data processing team, you will be responsible for the technical integrity of processing and analyzing drilling vibration measurements to advance the application and science of Drillbit Geomechanics™.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 20 years of experience working with acoustic data in downhole environments and must have at least 10 years of personnel management experience. This position is well suited for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who can work under limited supervision. Excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset are necessary.
- Must become an expert in processing and analysis of drilling vibration measurements in relation to mechanical rock properties, petrophysical measurements and drilling operations.
- Work closely with R&D team to facilitate development of processing software work flows and updates.
- Effectively lead team of data scientists.
- Work with project managers to optimize work flow to facilitate scaling of work load.
- Responsible for technical integrity of data sets. Upheld through mentorship of data processors and QA/QC of all projects.
- Integrate auxiliary data such as open-hole well logs, directional surveys, geosteering analyses, mud logs, etc. to assist in result interpretations and trend identification.
- Identify anomalies in both raw and processed data and conduct QA/QC to remedy and/or explain such.
- Effectively communicate results and updates to internal product development teams.
- BS degree in geophysics/mechanical engineering (with experience in acoustic transmission or vibration in down hole environments) or Masters level in geology.
- Minimum 20 years experience working with acoustic data.
- Minimum 10 years of technical personnel management experience.
- Advanced degree with emphasis in acoustic transmission or vibrations.
- Software development experience.
- Familiarity with geology, petrophysics and drilling is a plus.